The positions currently available are for the incoming restaurant/nightclub in Columbia, Missouri.
Are you looking for a change or perhaps a little more excitement in your career? Would you like to be on the ground floor of an all inclusive, LGBTQIA+ nightclub/restaurant in downtown Columbia, Missouri? We are seeking motivated, energized individuals for the following opportunities! Please contact [email protected] with any questions, for further information and general inquiries.
We are looking for a Head Chef to supervise daily back of house restaurant operations. Kitchen Management responsibilities include supervising the food prep and cooking, maintaining a fully stocked kitchen inventory and complying with safety and cleanliness standards. To be successful in this role, you should be able to manage our kitchen staff and guide them to deliver quality food on time. Ultimately, you will ensure all plates are properly cooked and served and our customers have a pleasant dining experience.
- Manage kitchen staff and coordinate food orders
- Supervise food prep and cooking
- Check food plating and temperature
- Establish portion sizes
- Schedule kitchen staff shifts
- Price menu items in collaboration with the Restaurant Manager
- Order food supplies and kitchen equipment, as needed
- Train kitchen staff on prep work and food plating techniques
- Store food products in compliance with safety practices (e.g. in refrigerators)
- Keep weekly and monthly cost reports
- Maintain sanitation and safety standards in the kitchen area
- Proven work experience as a Kitchen Manager, Restaurant Manager or Head Chef
- Hands-on experience with planning menus and ordering ingredients
- Knowledge of a wide range of recipes
- Familiarity with kitchen sanitation and safety regulations
- Excellent organizational skills
- Conflict management abilities
- Ability to manage a team in a fast-paced work environment
- Flexibility to work during evenings and weekends
- Certification from a culinary school or degree in Restaurant Management is a plus
Front of House Manager
The Front of House Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operation and management of the main restaurant, the Narrows Café, as well as help in catering operations. They are responsible for supervising front of house staff and for reporting to the Food and Beverage Manager. The purpose of the Front of House Manager is to assist the Kitchen Manager in all aspects of the main restaurant. They provide a more detailed supervisory eye on the specifically Front of House operations.
- Manage a team of front of house staff including scheduling, training, and general supervision
- Oversee that all opening and closing duties of the outlets are completed correctly and that cleanliness and maintenance are maintained
- Responsible for daily deposits, and the correct operation of the POS systems
- Balancing of all daily and nightly cash drawers and POS
- Inventory and maintenance of par levels for front of house items and those used within the Hall Theatre
- Providing excellent customer service to guests and excellent leadership to employees
- Enforce and monitor all health, safety, and sanitation standards in their area
- Assist with catering function management
- Handle guest complaints according to provided guidelines
- Work closely with the Back of House Manager to provide a seamless experience
- Will report directly to the Food and Beverage Manager
- Responsible for quality assurance of products leaving their outlets
- 2+ years restaurant experience
- Hospitality Management or more education is preferred
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Organized and capable of multi-tasking with attention to detail
- High standards of personal hygiene and personal appearances
- Experience using POS systems
- Excellent computer, problem-solving, and customer service skills.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to work during peak hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Effectively delegate responsibilities and maximize resources.
- Ability to walk, stand, and occasionally carry heavy items in a fast-paced, stressful environment.